Meshkov Nikolay Ivanovich, Doctor of psychological sciences, professor, sub-department of psychology, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Spiritual and moral education of a person is a meaningful and actual task, the solving of which contributes to forming an integral personality, its spiritual core. This problem needs to be solved by all social institutions using adequate content and means. The research goal is to study the essence, peculiarities, ways and means of spiritual and moral education.
Materials and methods. The study was based on theoretical, experimental and practical material of researches in that field. The basic research methods were theoretical analysis, observation of personality behavior in different situations.
Results. The work conducted in this field is far from productive. While studying this problem researchers give attention mostly to an ethical component in isolation from a spiritual component. Spirituality is the basis and guiding line of spiritual and moral education. Nevertheless, not every spirituality is constructive. True spirituality is shown in patristics, discussion methods.
Conclusions. The principle of the unity of spiritual, natural and social influence is the most meaningful methodological reference point while forming spiritual and moral culture of personality. One shouldn’t identify cognitive activity and moral with spiritual culture. They can be in antagonistic relations. Spirit, spirituality has influence upon all spheres of the human psychosomatic organization. In the process of personality education it is necessary to form its spiritual and moral core, which will act the function of social immunity.
1. Veniamin (Fedchenkov) (mitropolit). Otets Ioann Kronshtadtskiy [Father John of Kronstadt]. Moscow, 2003, 752 p.
2. Lombrozo Chezare. Prestupnyy chelovek: per. s ital. [A criminal: translation from Italian]. Moscow: Eksmo; Saint-Petersburg: Midgard, 2005, 876 p.
3. Bekhterev V. M. Antologiya pedagogicheskoy mysli Rossii vtoroy poloviny XIX –nachala XX v. [Anthology of edagogical thought in Russia in the second part of XIX –early XX centuries]. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1990, pp. 501–508.
4. Dubinin N. P., Karpets I. I., Kudryavtsev V. N. Genetika, povedenie, otvetstvennost': o prirode antiobshchestvennykh postupkov i putyakh ikh preduprezhdeniya [Genetics, behaviour, responsibility: on the nature of antisocial deeds and prevention ways thereof]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1982, 304 p.
5. Vygotskiy L. S. Psikhologiya razvitiya cheloveka [The psychology of human development]. Moscow: Smysl: Ekspo, 2005, 1136 p.
6. Feofan Zatvornik (svyatitel'). Dushepoleznye poucheniya svyatitelya Feofana Zatvornika [Moralizing teachings of prelate Feofan the Hermit]. Vvedenskaya Optina Pustyn', 1998, 512 p.
7. Luka (Voyno-Yasenetskiy) (svyatitel'). Nauka i religiya. Dukh, dusha i telo [Science and religion. Spirit, soul and body]. Rostov-on-Don: Feniks: Troitskoe slovo, 2001, 320 p.
8. Rubinshteyn S. L. Bytie i soznanie. Chelovek i mir [Existence and consciousness. The man and the world]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2003, 512 p.
9. Yunosti chestnoe zertsalo, ili Pokazanie k zhiteyskomu obkhozhdeniyu, sobrannoe ot raznykh avtorov [The honest mirror of youth, or guidelines on life cnduct from various authors]. Saint-Petersburg: Leta Gospodnya, 1717.
10. Meshkov N. I. Rol' sem'i v sokhranenii rodnogo yazyka i natsional'nykh traditsiy: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. (g. Saransk, 24–25 aprelya 2008 g.) [The role of family in preserving a native language and national traditions: proceedings of an All-Russian scientific and practical conference (Saransk, 24th–25th April 2008)]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2008, pp. 7–16.
11. Meshkov N. I. Traditsii i vospitanie: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (g. Saransk, 24–26 oktyabrya 2007 g.) [Traditions and education: proceedings of an International scientific and practical conference (Saransk, 24th–26th October 2007)]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2007, pp. 13–22.